The kids and I were laughing about some of the crazy things we have done over the years. Here are a few outstanding moments in life.
* Hang our heads out the window taking pictures at the St Louis Arch in the pouring (I mean buckets) rain. It was like taking a shower while in the van. HAHAHAHAHA We did that last year on our way to the Greater St. Louis Area Home Educators Expo.
* The Mrs Duggar debacle…. (I Fell for Mrs. Duggar)
* Gathered every kind of bug, slug, newt, insect, couple of dead snakes, and assorted neighborhood animals to help and reunite with their owners.
The craziest was a dog that had been shot. My son went to every home in the area until he found it’s owner and helped them load the dog into the van. The kids even bought a treat for the dog a day later to check up on him. He was fine. 🙂
* We have never met a highway lookout or beach or swamp or strange dead thing along the road we didn’t have to at least stop and take photos! You would think I had all boys instead of mostly girls! Worst being a turtle I rescued.
A large turtle was caught on an enclosed highway stretch in the road. I pulled over and grabbed up the turtle. Walked the turtle over to the wetlands area it most likely came from. While walking something yellowish/brown oozed out the sides of the turtle all over me. Turns out I was rescuing a MUSK turtle, UGH! I returned to the van to cheers from the kids which quickly turned to gasps for air because of the stink and kids with their heads hanging out the windows the rest of the way home. That day mom was marched to the bathroom for a clean up!
* Crazy is my middle name or so says the therapists and doctors, at first! To deliberately homeschool multiple kids with autism, high medical needs, and getting sick myself. I say why not. We work better and at a higher level at home then in an public school full of sensory distractions, infections, and bullying because of my kids obvious mobility and speech issues. IF that is crazy then sign me up!
On the bright and wonderful side of this most of our medical team have come to accept and even embrace homeschooling!
* Spending hours searching for sugar cubes. I had to frisk all the local grocery stores in town, late one Sunday. After realizing that most stores no longer carried sugar cubes! I had planned to build a pyramid on Monday. I had to drive all over the city to find a couple boxes of sugar cubes! Sheesh sugar cubes have become endangered species!
* Finger paint with 5 under 10 years old. Enough said….multi-colored craziness!
* Crazy is having power wheelchair Olympics on the dead end road in front of my house when my daughter and I both got our chairs! Our chair lady thinks we are all a bunch of great, friendly kooks! hee hee I won! 🙂
* Started a blog and speaking. Absolutely bonkers but one of the best things I have ever done! 😀